The world was shocked to learn that a new pandemic was killing off people all over this planet and that we were all facing an unseen lethal enemy in the form of the Coronavirus which first broke out at a notoriously filthy wet market in Wuhan, China that was known for selling meats of wildlife, reptiles and just about every creature that weirdos crave for.
I recall reading a Hadith from Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam that in the Last Days (now), Mankind will face diseases and plagues that were unknown in human history.
Let’s ponder upon the meanings of this authentic Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam):
Volume 9, Book 88, Number 237 :
Narrated by Abu Huraira ; Allah’s Apostle said, “The Hour will not be established :
(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine,
(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah’s Apostle,
(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars)
(4) earthquakes will increase in number
(5) time will pass quickly,
(6) afflictions will appear, (such as this Coronavirus @ Covid 19 pandemic)
(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,
(8) till wealth will be in abundance… so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, ‘I am not in need of it,
(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings,
(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, ‘Would that I were in his place
(11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) ‘No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.’ (Al-Quran, Surah Al-An’am Chapter 6 Verse 158)
(12) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up;
(13) and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it;
(14) and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it;
(15) and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it.”
Sadaqa Rasullullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wassallam [Truthful is the Messenger of Allah , Praises by Allah upon him].
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Verily, we have and now are seeing the prophecies of our Beloved Prophet, Muhammad the Final Messenger of Allah, our Supreme Master, Glorious God Almighty, be realized before our very eyes and surely, only those whose eyes are blinded by their egos refuse to see it and too proud to testify that it is true indeed as to all that has been foretold by him, the Unlettered One, Rasul Kareem.
If you are to refer to (11), it mentions that when the Sun rises from the West and all Mankind will hurriedly embrace Islam testifying that ‘There’s no God but Allah and that Muhammad is His Final Messenger BUT it will be too late.
Such a reversion to Islam when one realizes that there’s no other way out from his or her arising predicament is likened to a drowning person’s vain attempt to stay alive and afloat by desperately clutching at floating straws to save him or herself!
So, my advice to you who even though you declare yourself to be a Muslim BUT not in practice a bonafide Mukmin @ True Believer is to do your Taubah [Repentance] and this advice I give to myself as well.
Stop all the nonsense that we commit either by our own ignorance or by succumbing to our ego and Nafs [Lusts], by returning to the Right Path of Al Islam, when we are still able to change for the Better or just wait for our Fate steeped in our bloated ego and Takabbur (Proudness)!
Do not wait till it’s too late!